The Latest Staycation Ideas
Take a trip back in time to the year 1717 for the Real Pirates Exhibit at the San Diego Natural History Museum. See the valuable cargo that was transported across the Atlantic. There’s also the feature film: Real Pirates: The Untold Story of the Whydah from Slave Ship to Pirate Ship. This exhibit will be at The NAT until September 1st. Admission is not included with a general admission ticket. You will need to purchase The Real Pirates Exhibit ticket in order to get access. Of course the Real Pirates Exhibit ticket will get you access to the rest of the NAT. Here are a few ways that you can save some extra money off the cost of your admission there.
For starters, if you are a senior you can save $3 off the cost of your admission. Just mention this when you arrive at the ticket window at the NAT. If you are in the military then just show your military ID and you can save $6 off the cost of your admission. Students can also receive the same $6 off discount on admission. All you need to do is show a valid student ID. Kids ages 3-12 get $8 off the adult ticket price and youths ages 13-17 get $7 off the adult ticket price.
The NAT offers a discount on tickets for the Pirates Exhibit for members as well. All members of the NAT get $10 off the regular admission price. They also offer a BP Explorers discount but you will need to check with them to see what the latest discount is for the BP Explorers. Finally, the NAT offers a group discount for groups of 10 or more people.
Now if you just want to visit the regular exhibits at the NAT then be sure to check out the San Diego Natural History Museum coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your visit.
Enjoy an experience of a lifetime by going behind the scenes at the San Diego Zoo. The Backstage Pass takes you on a 1-1/2 hour tour behind the scenes where you will be treated like a VIP. You will get to up close and personal to the stars of the shows. In addition to that, professional photographers will snap photos along the way to document the whole event. It’s perfect for all ages 5 and older and backstage tours are offered daily.
Note, a separate ticket is required for your admission to the zoo. That means that you will need a general admission ticket plus your Backstage Pass for this experience. The price is the same for both kids and adults. This is an all weather event. Also, if you need to cancel then you will need to notify them at least 5 days in advance in order to get your refund. They do allow you to change your reservation time as well. Just keep in mind that the San Diego Zoo does charge a fee for both changes and cancellations.
There are other combo ticket options available but there are currently no combo ticket options available which would include general admission and your Backstage Pass. There are, however, exclusive coupons that are sometimes offered for members. In this case they will send out special promo codes that members can enter at checkout to get a special discount. As a member you can sometimes save as much as $10 on the Backstage Pass to the San Diego Zoo. Now if you want to just visit the San Diego Zoo then be sure to check out the San Diego Zoo coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible for your visit.
The San Diego Bay certainly offers a plethora of activities for all ages and skill levels. One of the more popular activities is to take a kayak tour on the bay such as one that is offered by the San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours company. They will take you on a leisurely tour on the bay while giving you a guided tour past stops like Petco Park, the Embarcadero, the USS Midway, Naval Station North Island, the Silver Strand, the San Diego Convention Center, the Coronado Bridge, and Glorietta Bay. Along the way your guide will provide you insightful information. It’s great for both local and tourists! Tours include your kayak rental, paddles, life vests, and a paddle lesson. Each kayak tour lasts about two hours.
Now if you book your tour online and miss out on the deal here then be sure to check for voucher codes. On the booking page you should notice a button that asks if you have a voucher. Click that link and then enter your coupon in the box that pops up. Once you click redeem you should then see the discount appear on the order page. The price of your tour should be automatically discounted.
The tour company offers a lot of other tours as well including the Kayak La Jolla, Kayak & Snorkel, Sunset Kayak Tour, Half Day Combo, Kayak Coronado, and the Fireworks Kayak. You can make your reservations by phone, online, or in person. If you want to save money on any of these other tours offered by the San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours company then be sure to first check out the San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your fun.
The new Circus Vargas is back in San Diego for the Magikaria Extreme show at Mission Bay Park near Sea World. This is an entertainment extravaganza for all ages that features spellbinding illusions, high flying acrobatics, and more. It really is a mind blowing experience. The show continues all the way until Monday, February 24th and tickets are still on sale right now. Before you get your tickets though, there are some ways that you can save off the cost of your admission, which includes a listing of the latest available coupons.
Tips & Coupons
- There are three different seat levels to choose from which are the bleacher seats, arena seats, and ringside reserved seats. The best seats are of course the ringside seats, especially if you can get the tickets at a discount price. There are still some discounted tickets sold through Goldstar where you can save as much as 50% off your ringside seats.
- Check the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon or Livingsocial where you can typically save 35-50% off the bundled ticket price.
- If you are purchasing your tickets online through Circus Vargas then be sure to check for discount codes. You should notice a discount code box about half way down on the left hand side. Enter the coupon here and then click submit and you should see the discount appear on the next page.
- Stop by the San Diego Blood Bank and give blood and they will give you a coupon that’s good for $10 off your admission to Circus Vargas at Mission Bay Park. There are 6 locations in the San Diego area.
- Check the San Diego Kids publication. In the past there have been coupons inside for Circus Vargas when they come into town.
Now if you want to see Circus Vargas at another venue or at another time then be sure to check out the Circus Vargas coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your admission.
The Disney on Ice show is coming back to San Diego at the Valley View Casino Center. This show is titled Rockin’ Ever After and features, for the first time, Merida from Disney Pixar’s Brave. In addition to her you’ll see a whole cast of your favorite Disney characters including Ariel and Sebastian, Rapunzel and Flynn, Belle and the Beast, and more! Opening night is Wednesday, January 22nd and the show runs through Sunday, January 26th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets you may want to take a moment to read over the tips and suggestions presented below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to the show.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are purchasing your tickets online then be sure to check for offer codes. You should notice an offer code link at the top of the ticket selection page. Click that and enter the coupon in the box and then just click apply. You should see the discount automatically appear in the ticket price.
- Try entering the offer code MICKEY to unlock the secret discount. At last check this saves you $5 off regular tickets and $15 off VIP tickets.
- If you are in the military then just enter SGRP7 into the offer code box to receive $7 off the cost of your tickets for Disney on Ice at the Valley View Casino Center.
- Group discounts are also offered for groups of 10 or more people. For scout, senior, and youth groups, just enter SGRP14 to receive up to $11 off the cost of each ticket.
- There is an opening night discount offered. At last check you can get $7 off the cost of your regular ticket price on Wednesday night.
- For a family or group of 4, get the Me + 3 ticket pack. You end up saving about $5 off per ticket for the Disney On Ice Rockin’ Ever After show.
Keep in mind that there is a charge for parking. At last check they charge $15 per vehicle to park on the property at the Valley View Casino Center. Also, they only accept cash for parking there. Now if you want to see Disney on Ice at another venue or at another time then be sure to check out the Disney on Ice coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your tickets.
Enjoy a memorable experience for your staycation and take a whale and dolphin watching cruise with Hornblower cruises. Choose from two different departure times, one in the morning and one in the early afternoon. The Hornblower whale watching cruises last for about three and a half hours where you might see pods of dolphins, sea lions, sea birds, and of course whales. All of this is offered with a knowledgeable guide in the comforts of a climate controlled whale watching yacht. Now you will need to get your tickets early and ahead of time because they do sell out. You can make your reservations for your next whale watching trip with Hornblower online.
Now there are some additional ways that you can save money as well if you miss out on the deal. Take a moment to read over the tips and suggestions which are listed below. They should help you to save just a little extra money. This of course includes a listing of the latest known coupons for Hornblower Whale Watching cruises which should help you to save even more money.
- Book a cruise for Monday through Friday and you can save $5 off the cost of your Hornblower whale watching cruise versus the weekend price.
- If you have an children ages 4-12 they actually get a 50% discount on their tickets for any of the Hornblower whale watching cruises.
- You can also save money by combining your Hornblower Whale Watching cruise with one of the combo packages for either the USS Midway Museum, San Diego Natural History Museum or San Diego Maritime Museum.
- Finally, you will want to keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon because they sometimes do offer promotions where you can save as much as 50% off the cost of your Hornblower Whale Watching cruises.
Now if you want to save money on other cruises then be sure to first check out the Hornblower coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible.
There are just a few days left for this promotion for the USS Midway Museum. This month you can save 50% off all annual memberships to the USS Midway Museum. This offer is only valid for San Diego County residents so you will be asked to show your ID as proof in order to get this special membership discount. The discount is valid for all memberships but it cannot be combined with any other promotions or coupons for the USS Midway Museum. Don’t forget that if you are a former USS Midway crew member, you are actually eligible for a FREE one year membership to the USS Midway as an honor for your service. You just have to contact the ticket office ahead of time to confirm your free membership.
Also, don’t forget that October is free admission month for all kids. Every child gets a free admission to the USS Midway Museum with a paying adult. The promotion is good for all children 12 years and under. There is also a limit of two free admissions per family. You can print out the coupon for this promotion HERE. Then just bring in the coupon with your visit because you may be asked to present the coupon. It just depends on the attraction. This promotion expires at the end of this month, October 31st.
Now if you miss out on these two promotions this month then don’t worry. There are actually several other ways that you can save. Just be sure to check out the USS Midway Museum coupons before you visit so that you can get the most savings possible. You have the option to purchase discounted tickets, discount attraction cards, and of course you can print out coupons to bring in with you on your visit for savings on your admission to the museum.
If you do not already have plans for the end of this month then go ahead and make plans to see the Disney on Ice Passport to Adventure show at the Valley View Casino. Bring the whole family and go on four different vacations in one night with your favorite cast of Disney characters include Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Minnie, and of course Mickey. Ticket prices start at $19.50 but if you go ahead and purchase your tickets ahead of time through the local ticket discounter Goldstar you can save nearly 50% off the total cost of each Disney on Ice ticket. Now if you miss out on this ticket discount there is still more ways to save on the show.
You can purchase your tickets through the Valley View Casino. If you do then be sure to look for offer codes to unlock additional savings. These are sometimes given out by the casino. You should see a link that asks “Got an offer code?”. Enter the coupon in that box and then click ok. You should see the discount appear in the ticket price. You can also get the Me + 3 ticket offer which gets you 4 tickets for the price of 3. The offer is for 2 adults and 2 children. Group discounts are also available for groups of 10 or more people. These group discounts are offered through the Valley View Casino. Here are the latest known promo codes for group discounts. For opening night use promo code SGRP0. For Scout, youth, or senior groups on Thursday, Friday, Saturday use promo code SGRP14. For regular groups use promo code SGRP4. For groups on weekend shows use promo code SGRP3. Finally, for military groups use promo code SGRP8.
The Disney on Ice Passport to Adventure show is from Wednesday, September 25th through Sunday, September 29th. Two shows will be featured on Saturday.
There is always a steady stream of entertainment at the House of Blues in San Diego. If you need an idea, this is always a good place to start when you are trying to plan your staycation. You will want to check out the Crossroads at the House of Blues there and don’t forget about the world famous Gospel Brunch every Sunday. Check out the calendar for upcoming performances practically every night. Before you get your tickets or head over there, take a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your entertainment. Keep reading and you will also find a listing of all of the latest known coupons for the House of Blues in San Diego listed below as well to offer you even more savings on your dining and entertaining experience.
Tips & Coupons
- You can purchase your tickets to performances and events online. Be sure to look for any available special offer codes. You will notice a special offer code box on the left hand side of the ticket selection page. Enter the coupon here and then click ok. You should then see the discount reflected in the total ticket price.
- Check with the local ticket discounter Goldstar. You can end up saving as much as 50% off the total cost of concert and event tickets at the House of Blues. You can even get free admission to select events throughout the year.
- Purchase a discount dining certificate from Restaurtant.com. All you do is pay just $20 to get $50 dining gift certificate. Then just print it out and bring it with you. Spend at least $100 on your meal and you will save $50 off the total bill with the dining gift certificate.
- Go ahead and follow the House of Blues on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest deals, promotions, and sometimes even offer exclusive coupons for events at the House of Blues in San Diego.
- Check out the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. You can often find savings of up to 50% off events at the House of Blues in San Diego.
- If you are in the military then be sure to mention this and show your military ID. They offer a special discount for those serving in the military. At last check this was a 25% discount.
There is never a shortage of things to do at Balboa Park. One of the things that you can always do there is visit the Japanese Friendship Garden. Take a stroll through the winding garden paths, explore the exhibits, koi pond, and much more. There’s also planned activities throughout the year. Now you can enjoy access to the garden all year round at a discounted rate. For a limited time, if you purchase your annual membership through the local ticket discounter Goldstar you can save 50% off the total cost of your annual membership. Now if you miss out on this discount you can still save a little money on your membership by choosing the family membership option. This includes admission for 2 adults and all children under the age of 18.